Watch these beautiful wedding vows to each other and their four-year-old daughter. Watching this brought tears to our eyes. This would be a great video to highlight with students when you are discussing marriage, relationships, vows, commitment, and/or purity.
Watch the video and then start the conversation by asking a few of these questions:
- What kind of emotions do you get watching this video. Why? Explain.
- The bride talks about getting out of a bad relationship and has a child. Talk about God’s grace. What does that look like in this story?
- This looks like the start of a beautiful relationship for this blended family. Did you know that we, too, are adopted in, by the grace of God, into his family? What does that mean? What does it mean for this girl to have a new “forever father” in her life who is making a vow to stay faithful and true to both her and her Mommy?
- It has been said before that the Kingdom of God is a party. Can you think of any scriptures that would support that statement? Does Jesus like parties? Explain.
- As a follower of Christ, what is the most important things you are looking for in a romantic relationship? Is it okay to missionary date?
- Some people would say that dating and relationships are just for fun. Do you agree? Is it okay to go from relationship-to-relationship to check out the other “fish in the sea”, so to speak? Or is dating and romantic relationships something I should take more seriously? Discuss and explain your answers.